Iced Coffee Recipes
Cold Brewed Coffee
This is a great base for many Iced Coffee recipes, you can make a large amount at one time and save it in the fridge so it will last weeks. It is also concentrated so it stretches even farther and gives you a very smooth rich flavor. Over all time to prepare is long (about 13 hrs of which 12 hrs is set time), but the process is really quite simple.Ingredients:
- A large 1 gallon container (preferably glass) to store it in, the big ice tea jars with the pour spout on the bottom work great.
- 1 pound of Odacrem’s Frenchy coffee course ground (select one of our Med Roasts if you prefer a not so strong flavor)
- 1 gallon filtered or drinking water
- A large bowl- also big enough to hold a over gallon
- A fine mesh strainer AND large filters (the same size of the strainer) OR layers of cheese cloth
- Also handy is a small cup size fine mesh strainer, to scoop out majority of grounds before filtering, helps speed up the process but is not necessary.
- In the large bowl pour in entire 1 lb bag of coffee
- Slowly pour gallon of water over the coffee and stir to mix making sure all grounds are wet.
- Cover bowl with plastic wrap and let it sit for at least 12 hours, doing this over night works great.
- If you have a small fine mesh cup size strainer scoop out what you can of the grounds, this will help lessen the amount of grounds going into the filter.
- Place your large strainer over your pitcher and line it with a filter or several layers of cheese cloth TIP: If your pitchers opening is smaller than your strainer you may want to put it over another large bowl to prevent spilling, then transfer to the pitcher.
- Slowly pour or ladle the mixture into the strainer, do not overfill the filter. This will take a while, sorry no way around it. When filter gets to full of grounds you can replace it several times to help the process go faster.
- Refrigerate your filtered concentrate, it will last up to 4 weeks.
- From here its all about flavoring the way you want it, the mix is concentrated so you can put it in a full glass of ice along with your flavoring and not end up with a watered down mess.
Time and money saving tips for Iced Coffee:
Some say that the grounds can immediately be reused to make a second batch, it has been said that the second batch is just as good and strong as the first.
Do you have an ice machine at work? Pour your mix and flavoring into a large spill proof cup in the morning and take it with you, refrigerate at work, when ready add ice Don’t want to make so much at once, use your french press with a 1:4 ratio of coffee to water, let sit over night. Strain in the morning then add same amount of water again and you are set, ice and flavor to taste. Example ½ cup coffee with 2 cups water, sit over night, strain, add another 2 cups water, pour over ice and flavor to taste.
Like your iced coffee really strong? Make ice cubes out of part of your coffee mix and use them to make your iced coffee
Hope you enjoy drinking it as much as we enjoy making it
Sweet and Creamy Variations of Iced CoffeeSimple but Sweet
1 pt of cream or Half and Half
½ cup unrefined sugar
Mix and put in a seal-able container
Shake before using
Fill your glass with ice, fill half full of coffee concentrate and add flavor mix- Flavor to YOUR taste
Sweetened condensed Iced Coffee
1 can sweetened condensed milk 14 oz
1 can evaporated milk 12 oz
Mix together in seal-able container and refrigerate.
Fill glass with ice, fill half full of coffee concentrate and fill remainder with creamy mix, or less if it’s to your taste.
TIP: you can add flavors to both of these creamy mixes, try them with some chocolate or caramel syrup, or any flavor for that matter those are just my favorites.
Vanilla Chai Low cal
1 tsp Vanilla
1/8 tsp Allspice or Cardamon
1/2 tsp Cinnamon
2 to 3 Tbsp Splenda
2 cups non fat milk
Mix all ingredients together. Fill glass with ice, fill half full +- with Cold Brewed coffee concentrate and flavor to taste with Vanilla Chai mix.